Here are a few helpful hints to get the most out of your storage. We also suggest stopping by MORR-IS-Stored beforehand to determine which size unit is right for you. That way, you can meet our staff and make sure you’re comfortable and satisfied with your storage facility.
• Reserve your storage unit two to three weeks in advance to make sure we have the proper size available for your needs.
• Fill all boxes to capacity to avoid collapsing.
• Place strips of wood or pallets on the floor of the unit to create airflow. You do not want to place boxes or overstuffed furniture directly on the concrete floor.
• Check with our staff if you need to purchase storage supplies, such as mattress or sofa covers.
• Label all boxes when packing. It will make the moving process much easier and help you determine which boxes to leave in the front of your unit for quick access.
• If it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring. Check with your homeowners or renters insurance company to be sure they will cover your goods while in storage.
• Cover furniture to help keep it dust free.
• Place cedar in the unit to help keep items fresh.
• Remember to check on your goods on a monthly basis.